It is unsettling to know that most of the teenagers are passing on the opportunity to play sports, it may be a competitive sport or a recreational one. There is a downward trend for teenagers engaging in sports, they are being lured into activities that do not require the expenditure of energy. Teenagers now only enjoy the activities that only require the movement of the hands, such as computer games, surfing the web or social media.
Now, if you are a teenager and you have not found the sport that is perfect for you and grabs your interest. There are several reasons why you should try to join a sport.
A sport can make you healthier and smarter. It can help you control your weight, combat health conditions, improve mood and promote energy. The more active you are with sports, the greater attention, faster cognitive process, and have a better performance.
You can learn teamwork, sportsmanship and can make new friends. Individuals rely on each other and motivate one another to achieve a common goal. You can inevitably make friends, friendships last longer since you share so many fun, and exciting moments to share.
Whether you are or you are not a natural born athlete, here are the sports you can try on and is just right for you.
- Badminton is a racquet sport played using racquets to hit a shuttle across the net. It may be a singles or doubles team.
- Baseball is a bat and ball game played between two teams of nine players each, which take a turn in batting and fielding.
- Basketball is a non-contact team sport played on a rectangular court by two teams of five players each. The objective is to shoot a ball through an 18 inch hoop.
- Biking or Cycling is the use of bicycles for transport, recreation, exercise or sport. It is more on a race. Check out (http://bikesonpoint.com) when looking for your next bike.
- Cheerleading ranges from chanting to intense physical activity for sports team motivation, audience entertainment or competition. This is considered a sport, not because of the physical definition but it meets all of the athletic specifications.
- Cross Country/Track is a running sport, in which teams and individuals run a race. It is an open-air course over a natural terrain, such as a dirt or grass. This sport requires an extreme amount of stamina and talent to play.
- Football is a team sport that involves kicking a ball with the foot to score a goal. It involves 11 players per team (2 teams) each wearing different coloured kits with custom embroidered shirts, so players can easily spot fellow team mates across the field.
- Gymnastics is a sport involving the performance of exercises requiring balance, strength, flexibility, agility, endurance, and control. The movements contribute to the development of the arms, legs, shoulders, chest, and abdominal muscles.
- Hockey is a family of sports in which two teams play against each other by trying to maneuver a ball or a puck into the opponent’s goal using a hockey stick
- Soccer is a team sport played between two teams of eleven players with a spherical ball, played on a rectangular field.