It is unsettling to know that most of the teenagers are passing on the opportunity to play sports, it may be a competitive sport or a recreational one. There is a downward trend for teenagers engaging in sports, they are being lured into activities that do not require the expenditure of energy. Teenagers now only enjoy the activities that only require the movement of the hands, such as computer games, surfing the web or social media.
Now, if you are a teenager and you have not found the sport that is perfect for you and grabs your interest. There are several reasons why you should try to join a sport.
A sport can make you healthier and smarter. It can help you control your weight, combat health conditions, improve mood and promote energy. The more active you are with sports, the greater attention, faster cognitive process, and have a better performance.
You can learn teamwork, sportsmanship and can make new friends. Individuals rely on each other and motivate one another to achieve a common goal. You can inevitably make friends, friendships last longer since you share so many fun, and exciting moments to share.
Whether you are or you are not a natural born athlete, here are the sports you can try on and is just right for you.
- Badminton is a racquet sport played using racquets to hit a shuttle across the net. It may be a singles or doubles team.
- Baseball is a bat and ball game played between two teams of nine players each, which take a turn in batting and fielding.
- Basketball is a non-contact team sport played on a rectangular court by two teams of five players each. The objective is to shoot a ball through an 18 inch hoop.
- Biking or Cycling is the use of bicycles for transport, recreation, exercise or sport. It is more on a race.
- Cheerleading ranges from chanting to intense physical activity for sports team motivation, audience entertainment or competition. This is considered a sport, not because of the physical definition but it meets all of the athletic specifications.
- Cross Country/Track is a running sport, in which teams and individuals run a race. It is an open-air course over a natural terrain, such as a dirt or grass. This sport requires an extreme amount of stamina and talent to play.
- Football is a team sport that involves kicking a ball with the foot to score a goal. It involves 11 players per team (2 teams) each wearing different coloured kits with custom embroidered shirts, so players can easily spot fellow team mates across the field.
- Gymnastics is a sport involving the performance of exercises requiring balance, strength, flexibility, agility, endurance, and control. The movements contribute to the development of the arms, legs, shoulders, chest, and abdominal muscles.
- Hockey is a family of sports in which two teams play against each other by trying to maneuver a ball or a puck into the opponent’s goal using a hockey stick
- Soccer is a team sport played between two teams of eleven players with a spherical ball, played on a rectangular field.
The Sports Rugby is a serious one, it is a fierce game that needs a lot of attention to protection to achieve success and enjoyment. The sports demands the players’ physical and mental capabilities to be fully conditioned. A proper gear to play well in this sport, and one of the most important accessories in this sport is to have the right shoes. When you use the right shoes, you can always give the best performance on the Rugby field.
A player might say that one does not need to have a pair of any other professional players have, but one must still have to choose an appropriate pair of boots to have an adequate support, protection, and strength. In the game, a player has an assigned position in the field, and that position has also an impact in choosing the right footwear.
RUGBY SHOES FOR CHILDREN. Some parents are supportive enough to let their child join and train in the rugby. Sports have proven that it can make a child physically, socially, mentally and emotionally strong. As the parents ensure that their children can gain these benefits, the parents also ensure that their child have the protective gear for this sport, and they must not overlook the importance of the appropriate footwear for rugby.
RUGBY SHOES FOR ADULTS. For the adults that professionally plays Rugby, one should definitely have an appropriate pair of boots. Though a player might have a difficulty in looking for the right shoes, one needs to have a good quality pair of shoes. A winger in a Rugby team needs shoes unique from the other players of the team, the winger needs a fast, and promotes agility kind of boots. The player cannot give their best performance if they have the wrong type of shoes.
Assess the needs before you buy, look for the style, strength, and budget of the shoes. Nevertheless, the strength and the budget of the shoes are the most priority characteristic to be assessed.
The traditional rugby footwear has a feature of a higher ankle cut design and hard toe to give more stability and support around the player’s ankle and protection to the foot.
To differentiate with the player’s position on the field, manufacturers have made a backs boots lighter weight than those of the forwards, with this style it allows the pack to have a sturdy pair of boots, that is ideal for scrimmaging (attempting to gain possession of the ball), meanwhile the sprinters and kickers in the back of the field can have the light pair of boots which can promote fast running.
All rugby boots are categorized into soft ground and hard ground. The soft ground boots are made for playing on soft and natural surfaces, on the other hand, the hard ground boots are made for firm grounds, which a player can come across during a sunny and dry weather. Studs can reduce the weight of the boots. Thus, every player should avoid using their boots on hard grounds such as concrete.
Here are some of the facts you should know about the Sports, Rugby:
- Let us tackle the history of the sport first. Rugby has originated in 1823 and was named after the School it was first played, at the Rugby School. It is when William Webb Ellis played football, he caught the ball and ran to the opponent’s goal with it.
- Did you ever wonder why the rugby ball is oval in shape? The first Rugby ball was made by Richard Lindon. He fashioned it out of his hand, stitched it with a leather casing and a pig’s bladder. Since a pig’s bladder naturally, take on an oval shape.
- The most famous and successful Rugby team is the New Zealand’s Rugby team, The All Blacks. Before every game will start The All Blacks will perform the haka dance. A haka dance is a Maori war dance, which is usually performed by tribes and cultural groups across their country.
- Talking about teams, despite The All Blacks are being widely considered to be the greatest Rugby team, the United States of America’s team, the Yanks, are still reigning the Olympic Rugby Championship. The Yanks were the last team to win in 1924.
- Unlike any other sports in the world, not a single team has won the Rugby world cup one year has managed to retain it in the next world cup.
- There are tries in the game, it does not have any points to award for a try. This a unique mechanism of the sport, a player would not receive any points for crossing the line but they did gain the opportunity to try and kick at the goal. A try is worth 5 points in the Rugby Union while 4 points in the Rugby League. Players can then get to earn an extra two points by trying to score a conversion shot (this is to kick through the goal post).
- Basketball was made by a Rugby coach, in which his reason was for his players to have some form of indoor sporting activity to keep the players conditioned when it is the off-season.
- A player of Rugby named Daisuke Ohata of Japan has scored the most amount of tries. He scored 69 tries in 58 matches. Rugby was introduced in Japan by a Cambridge University instructor who taught the sport as an extra-curricular activity.
- The highest scoring game was the battle between Japan and New Zealand. The All Black beat Japan, 145 points to 17 in a World Cup game that was held last June 1995. But that is not the largest winning margin, it is between the Australia and Namibia in 2003, with 142 points to 0 points which were won by Australia.
- The International Rugby Board is a sentimental kind, they have been using the same whistle since 1905. It was first used during the first opening of the Rugby World Cup game. The whistle is named after the Welsh referee who used it during the first opening of the Rugby World Cup game, Gil Evans.
There are a couple of sports on the list as it is a part of our activities of daily living. Sports ignite the sense of competitiveness and yet, it provides entertainment to both of the players and audience. There are a couple of sports in the United Kingdom which the others varied from other countries since sports correlates to the place’s culture and traditions. Here on the list are the top most popular sports in the United Kingdom:
- Football, this has been the most popular sports in the United Kingdom. It still follows the traditional league system. The most prominent teams of the famous premier league were from the United Kingdom.
- Cricket, this is the national game of the United Kingdom, where it has first embedded. The oldest Cricket championship was held in the United Kingdom and is the world’s first class country championship of the United Kingdom.
- Rugby, the sport is played by the elite class people and is sponsored by the government of UK.
- Badminton is reflected as a long heritage in the UK.
- Tennis, the sport’s Wimbledon tournament originated in the UK and the first tennis club was found.
- Ice Hockey UK
- Netball Super League
Let’s Play Rugby!
Rugby was developed in 1823 and became popular throughout the United Kingdom in the 1850 and 1860.
It is a team sport, and it has a wide variation of benefits from health to socialization. Rugby demands most of your time and energy, it is a physically demanding sport. Thus, the players of this sport should prepare his mental, physical and emotional status. The sport requires the players to know how to play the course of the game safely. The players, coaches, and parents are responsible for ensuring a positive, safe and enjoyable atmosphere where all players will be able to reach and achieve their fullest potential and, that the training, education materials, and equipment are prepared to support them in creating the desired atmosphere.
There are many forms of Rugby.
- Tag Rugby. A non-contact game yet gum shield is advised. It is safe, tag belts or tag shorts replace tackling.
- Touch Rugby. A contact game where players do not tackle the traditional, highly physical way. They contact the opponents using their hands on any part of the body, clothing or the ball.
- Wheelchair Rugby. A mixed team sport for male and female quadriplegic athletes.
- Beach Rugby. A non-contact and played in the sand game, the tag rugby laws apply.
- Rugby 7s, 10s, 12s, 15s. The laws and mechanics depends on the number of players in the game.